Lodge a complaint in running train
Forms to lodge First Information Report/Complaint to Police are now available with the Coach attendants, Conductors, Guards, RPF train escorts in Running Trains and with RPF Assistance Posts, RPF Post / Outpost at important Railway stations. The affected passengers are requested to fill in the forms with relevant information and hand it over to the above mentioned Railway Officials/RPF Personnel. The same shall be promptly forwarded to the GRP concerned for further necessary action.
Passengers are not required to break their journey for lodging their complaints with the police.
Performance for lodging complaint /Report by passengers in case of theft of their luggage, Robbery or dacoity in running train is as under:
1. Name of complainant
2. Present address in full
3. Nearest Railway station to the permanent residence
4. Telephone No.
5. Date of occurrence
6. Place of Occurrence
7. Place, where the complainant detected the occurrence
8. Train No. and Name
9. Bogie No.
10. Class in which traveling (Put mark):
A.C, I Class/AC Sleeper/I class/II class 2 Tier/3 tier/General II class
11. Ticket No.
12. Name of stations in between which occurrence took place
13. Particulars of property looted or stolen and estimate cost thereof
14. Brief particulars of the incident (Theft/Robbery/Dacoity)
15. Name of the person or persons suspected with descriptive roll name and address, if
a) The station, where the suspect entrained.
b) The station, where the suspect detrained.
c) The station, where such suspect wanted to go.
16. Where you traveling with family.
17. Did the suspect show sympathy towards you to provide seat or place to sleep or advised to put box attached at certain particular place?
18. Addition information to be furnished about occurrence of robbery/dacoity.
a) Approximate number of criminals and any other particular information about them i.e.. language and clothes worn etc.
b) What type of arms were being carried.
c) Approximate number of passengers, who were looted.
d) The particulars of property looted from co-passengers.
e) Did you inform the Railway Officials/the police escort accompanying the train about the incident and if so, did they help and take prompt action.
i) Name of station where you informed the train guard/conductor/TTE attendant.
ii) Did you inform train Guard/TTE or conductor of the train about the occurrence and if so also mention the name of the official concerned.
f) Any other information relevant to the occurrence.
Signature of the complainant.
Report No. ________
Received on _______ at ________ hrs. Signature with Name & Designation of the official who received the report.