Alternate Train Accommodation Scheme (ATAS) called “VIKALP” to be Introduced from 01-11-2015
The ‘Alternative Train Accommodation Scheme’ christened as ‘Vikalp’ would be launched on November 1 as a pilot project in Northern Railway for six months on the Delhi-Lucknow and Delhi-Jammu sectors. “Based on the feedback, the scheme may be provided through the counters and also on other sectors,” a railway statement said.
Aiming to beat the festive season rush, the railways has launched a scheme enabling waitlisted passengers of a train to opt for confirmed berths in alternative trains plying on the same route.
However, the transporter has made it clear that opting for the scheme would not ensure confirmed berth and would be subject to availability of seats. The allotment of berth in an alternative train would be available within 12 hours from the scheduled departure of the original train.
IMPORTANT PASSENGER INFORMATION:- PLEASE NOTE
- Opting for VIKALP does not mean that confirmed berth will be provided to passengers in alternate train. It is subject to train and berth availability.
- Once confirmed in Alternate train, Cancellation charges will be as per your berth/train status in alternate train.
- In this scheme, your boarding and terminating station might change to nearby cluster stations.
- You can be transferred to any alternate train available within 12 Hrs from the scheduled departure of original train, in which you have booked.
- Please check PNR status after charting.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The scheme is being launched on pilot basis on Delhi-Lucknow and Delhi-Jammu sector only.
- The scheme is implemented only across Mail/Express trains of same category.
- The scheme is applicable to all waiting list passengers irrespective of booking quota and concession. In pilot phase the scheme will be available on few pre-designated trains in the above sectors only.
- Under this scheme, passengers will give choice to opt for VIKALP scheme.
- VIKALP opted passengers who booked in waiting and remain fully Wait listed after charting will only be considered for allotment in the alternate train.
- Fully WL passengers opted for VIKALP should check PNR status after charting.
- No extra charges shall be taken from passenger or any refund shall be provided for difference of fare.
- Either all passengers of a PNR or none will be transferred to alternate train in same class. The passenger can be considered for shifting to a train leaving from any station amongst the cluster of stations defined by Railways based on the convenience of the passengers to a station serving the destination station on the same analogy.
- The VIKALP opted passengers who have been provided accommodation in the alternate train will not figure in the wait listed charts of their original train. A separate list of passengers transferred in alternate train will be pasted along with the CONFIRMED and WAITLIST charts.
- The passenger allotted alternate accommodation can travel in the alternate train on authority of original ticket.
- Wait listed passengers of original train shall not be allowed to board the original train if allotted alternate accommodation.
- Passengers once provided alternate accommodation in alternate train will be treated as normal passengers in alternate train and will be eligible for up gradation.
- In rare situations, passengers who have been provided alternate accommodation might get dropped/re-allotted in alternate train due to last minute change in composition of the alternate train at the time of chart preparation. So, passengers who have been provided alternate accommodation should check PNR status also after preparation of charts of the alternate train for final status.
- This information will be available on Call Centre (139), PRS Enquiry Counters, Passenger Operated Enquiry Terminals installed at stations and WEB ENQUIRY on www.indianrail.gov.in
- When VIKALP opted passenger opts to cancel, after he has been given an alternate accommodation, he will be treated as a CONFIRMED passenger and the cancellation rules will apply accordingly.
- No refund for difference of fare between the original train and the alternate train, including Tatkal charges, will be given to re-allocated passengers.
- Once an ATAS passenger has been allotted alternate accommodation, journey modification will not be permitted. If required, the passenger will have to cancel the ticket and book a fresh ticket for modified journey.
When a passenger who has been allotted alternate accommodation has not performed his journey in the alternate train, he can claim for refunds by filing a TDR request