Setting up Executive Lounge by IRCTC – Railway Board Order
Government of India (Bharat Sarkar)
Ministry of Railways (Rail Mantralaya)
New Delhi, dated the, 20 May, 2015.
All Indian Railways
The Chairman and Managing Director,
Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation,
IRCTC Corporate Office,
B-148, 11thFloor, Statesman House,
New Delhi 110001.
(Commercial Circular No. 31 2015)
Sub: Setting up Executive Lounge by IRCTC
Ref: (i)Railway Board letter No. 2010/Tourism/140/14 dated 27.12.2012
(ii) Railway Board letter No. 2010/Tourism/140/14 dated 15.01.2013
(iii) Railway Board letter No. 2010/Tourism/140/14 dated 23.05.2013
The Board has reviewed the Policy on setting up of Executive Lounges and revised Policy guidelines are as follows:-
Features of Executive Lounge
1. AC Executive Lounges at various railway stations, shall provide services like wash and change, wi-fi Internet, live TV, channel music, newspaper/book stand, buffet services, concierge services for pre-departure and post-arrival assistance to passengers etc. on payment.
2. Executive Lounges will be set up by IRCTe, at its own cost, including investment on infrastructure etc. under its own brand name and it shall supervise/control the same while the ownership will remain with the Railways. However, service provider may be deputed for specific activities on need based.
Location of Executive Lounge
3. The Executive Lounges will be developed inside the ticketing area and preferably located on main platform. The facilities of Executive Lounge shall be available to the ticketed passengers only. It will be an integral part of the station building just like waiting rooms .
4. For those stations where space is not available in ticketing area, setting up of Executive Lounge outside the ticketing area may be permitted in exceptional cases with the approval of General Manager of the Railway .
5. The location, size, area etc., will be decided mutually by respective DRM and MD/IRCTC and will be based on the number and clientele of passengers dealt with at any particular station (not necessarily on the category of station). IRCTC shall prepare a General Arrangement Drawing (GAD) of the proposed Executive Lounge duly showing additions / alteration (if any) in the existing building (without affecting safety of the building). DRM of the Division shall coordinate for the approval of the plan in accordance with the Railway Board’s Circular NO.2003/LMB/14/29 dated 03.02.2005. Zonal Headquarters will finalise the plan within one month of its receipt from Division.
Revenue Sharing between IR and IRCTC
6. The revenue from the operation of Executive Lounges by IRCTC shall be shared in the ratio of 60:40 between IRCTC and IR. In addition, there shall be a nominal license fee of Rs.1 0/- per sq.m floor area per year. The user charges for electricity and water shall also be paid by IRCTC as per applicable charges.
7. In order to know the exact revenue from Executive Lounges being received by IRCTC, after end of every month, payment details should be sent to respective Divisions. In addition a cop>’ of audited statement of earning should also be submitted to the Division annually. The Railway share of revenue received should be deposited with Sr.DFMs of respective Division under intimation of DRM/CCM.
8. The provisions of this Policy guidelines will automatically become a part of MOU between IR and IRCTC.
Operation and Maintenance of Executive Lounge
9. There shall be no lease I licensing of land to third party for the purpose of setting up of Executive Lounge. IReTe will design its model for operation and maintenance without assigning any right/lien to third party over the space allotted.
10. IRCTC shall submit a draft model agreement to be executed between IRCTC and Division for Executive Lounges to Railway Board. In the draft agreement a clause should be incorporated for appropriate penal action against IRCTC for violation and extant policy guidelines/deficiency in service. Based on the draft, a model agreement will be issued by the Railway Board, with approval of concerned Directorates, to be executed between IRCTC and the Division. A copy of agreement executed between IRCTC and the Railway Divisions should be made available to Zonal Railway (CCM).
11. If IRCTC enters into a contract/agreement with third party for providing any service in the Executive Lounge or for maintenance, such agreement should not violate any provision of this Policy and a copy of such agreement should be made available to the concerned Division and Zonal Railway.
Tenure of Executive Lounge
12. The tenure of Executive Lounge will be 9+3 years with provision for taking it over back by the Railways in case the premises are required for integrated development. This condition should be incorporated in the agreement to be executed between Division and IRCTC before handing over the space to IRCTC.
Stations for setting up of Executive Lounge
13. The Executive Lounges will be set up on the following stations including the pilot project at New Delhi:
New Delhi (already a pilot project), Delhi, Nizamuddin, Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Amritsar, Jammu, Agra Cantt., Bhopal, Nagpur, Vijayawada, Chennai Centeral, Bengaluru City, Trivandurm Central, Madurai, Kozhikode, Ernakulam In, Madgaon, Bombay Central, Lokmanya Tilak Terminus, Bandra Terminus, Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Ajmer, Kathgodam, Bhubaneshwar, Lucknow, Lucknow In, Varanasi Cantt., Kalka, Hyderabad, Secunderabad, Pune, Bilaspur, Ranchi, Raipur, Dhanbad, Tatanagar, Guwahati, Vishakhapatanam, Puri, Sealdah, Howrah, New Jaipaiguri, Patna, Gorakhpur, Allahabad and Kanpur.
14. Executive Lounges will also be set up by IRCTC at other stations identified by the Railway Board from time to time.
Inspection of Executive Lounge
15. Tourism! Catering! Commercial officers of Railway Board, Zonal Railways and Divisions will be authorized to inspect the Executive Lounges at times. During the inspection, if any violation of the provisions of this Policy or deficiency in service is noticed, suitable penal action will be taken as per the provisions of the agreement signed between IRCTC and Division.
16. This Policy guidelines is applicable from the date of issue of this Policy.
17. This will supersede all the previous instructions issued in this regard.
(K. P. Yadav)
Director (Tourism & Catering)