Revision Of Minimum Chargeable Passenger Fare Of Second Class (non-suburban)
Revision of minimum chargeable passenger fare of second class (non-suburban) w.e.f 22.11.2015
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No. TC II/2910/2015
New Delhi, dated 18.11.2015
The General Managers (Comml.),
All Zonal Railways.
COMMERCIAL CIRCULAR NO. 69 OF 2015
Sub:-Revision of minimum chargeable passenger fare of second class (non- suburban) w.e.f 22.11.2015.
Ministry of Railways have decided to revise the minimum chargeable passenger fare in second class (non-suburban) from Rs.5/- to Rs.10/- w. e.f. 22 .11.2015.
There shall be no change in the .season ticket and suburban fares.
2. The revised fares shall apply on tickets issued on or after 22.11.2015.
3. The changes which are required to be carried out in manual ticketing system and in UTS etc., should be ensured. Until new tickets are printed, old printed card tickets may be issued after having necessary corrections in fares made on. Them in advance. Such alterations by the staff should be made preferably by stamp or in ink. A suitable notice in the Press should be given by the Railways advising that till such time new tickets are printed and made available, the existing tickets with alterations in fares on them would be issued.
4. Special arrangements should be made to ensure that necessary instructions reach the staff well in time. Steps should also be taken to ensure that the staff fully understand these changes and implement them properly. –
5. This Issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways.
6. The. Receipt of this letter may be acknowledged. Also please check these instructions on the Indian Railways website –www.indianrailways.gov.in
7. Zonal Railways should arrange wide publicity to the revision. in fares, related instructions through the press, media and through notifications and announcements at Stations
Director Passenger Marketing