Minister of Railways Launches New Partnership with India Post for Business Parcel
Partnership in Parcel Business with Department of Post
1. In order to provide end to end parcel services to the customers by effective partnership between Indian Railways and Department of Post, certain sectors have been identified in which the parcel traffic offered by DOP can be transported by IR.
2. Department of Post has identified following trains for allotment of parcel space in the assistant guard compartment of front SLR :
• 15959 Howrah-Guwahati- Dibrugarh Kamrup Express.(Howrah-Guwahati)
• 18646 Hyderabad-Howrah East Coast Express.(Hyderabad-Howrah)
• 12322 Mumbai-Howrah Mail.( Mumbai-Howrah)
• 12721 Hyderabad-Nizamuddin Dakshin Express.( Hyderabad-Delhi)
• 17230 Hyderabad-Tiruvananthapuram- Sabari Express. (Hyderabad-Cochin).
3. Out of the above 5 trains, AGC space was made available for use of Department of Posts on RMS rates in two trains (i) 15959 Howrah-Guwahati-Dibrugarh Kamrup Express between Howrah and Guwahati at Rs 7115 per trip and (ii) 12721 Hyderabad-Nizamuddin Deccan Express between Hyderabad and Nizamuddin at Rs 10020 per trip on pilot basis for six months.
4. The permission could not be granted in remaining trains due to reversal of engine enroute.
5. DoP has commenced operations on the 12721 Hyderabad-Nizamuddin from 01.02.2017 and on 15959 Howrah-Guwahati from 20.02.2017.
6. Now DOP has been permitted to use AGC of train 12322 from 27.02.2017 as engine reversal enroute is not involved anymore. The per trip earning from the service will be Rs 12,954/- and the assured transit time from Mumbai to Howrah is 38 hrs.