Charges for Special Trains for shooting of films
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 15 .07.2015
COMMERCIAL CIRCULAR N0.44 of 2015
Sub: Charges for Special Trains for shooting of films,
Ref: (1). Commercial Circular no. 21 of 2009 dated 25.06.2009.
(2). Commercial Circular no. 54 of.2012 dated 04.09.2012.
Charges for booking of Special Trains for shooting of films were last revised in 2009. Ministry of Railways have now decided to revise the haulage and other charges for booking of Special Trains for shooting of films as under:
(1) Haulage Charges for Film Special Train: For a Special train consisting of not more than 4 coaches, excluding SLR, fares for. the seat! berth provided in each class for the distance the Special train, will be charged subject to minimum at the rate of Rs.1044/- per km. per train on So. and Rs.1628/- on MG/NG.
For any additional coaching vehicles, fare for the actual number of seat/berth provided for the distance, .the special train is run will be charged subject to minimum haulage charge of RS.35 per km per coach on BG and.Rs.83 per km per coach on MG/NG per 4-wheeled vehicle or Rs,70/- per km per coach on BG and Rs.166/- per km per coach on MG/NG will be charged.
(2) Charges for SLR & Luggage Van: SLR Coach attached with film special train will be charged at carrying capacity of the Sleeper Class coach with Sleeper Class Fare. However, the utilization of luggage portion to the extant of carrying capacity of SLR coach may be allowed without levying any extra charge.
(3) Dining Car/Kitchen. Car/Pantry Car/Generator Car: Dining. Cars / Kitchen Car / Pantry Car/Generator Car win be charged @ Rs.85/- per car per kilometer uniformly for BG, MG and NG. In addition, Sleeper Class fare and service charge for 30% of marked carrying capacity of the car or actual number of passengers travelling in the car whichever is more. will be collected.
(4) Detention Charge: Detention Charges will be levied for detention of Special Train for shooting of films at the request of the party at the starting, intermediate or destination stations. Detention charges will be levied @ 900/- per hour or part of an hour per coach. uniformly for BG; MG and NG systems subject to a minimum charge of Rs,1500/- per coach without giving any free time and as revised from time to time.
(5) Engine Detention Charge: (l) These charges shall be applicable as notified vide Board’s Letter No.F(C)/2003/27/1 dated 24.06.2014 and as revised from time to time.
ii) Light Engine Charge: If an engine is required to run light to and from any shed or depot for the purpose of running the film special, empty haulage charge @ Rs.704/- per Km will be levied.
(6) Empty Haulage Charge: Empty haulage charge will be levied at actual distance of empty haul at 100% of Full Tariff Rates(FTR) for the carrying capacity’ of coaches subject to minimum haul for 200 Kms. FTR will be calculated at fare including reservation charge but excluding service charge.
(7) Service Charge: A service charge of 30% will be levied on the overall charges including detention Charge, empty haulage charge, engine detention charge, etc.
(8) Security Deposit: Rs.50,OOO/- per coach will be collected subject to minimum Rs.2,50,000/-.
(9) For Film specials of narrow gauge sections, in addition to above, 20% hilly area surcharge shall be levied on the total charges.
(10) Minimum haulage charge: The total charges for the Special Train for shooting of films will be subject to a minimum of Rs. 4,74,345/- per day. This charge is for movement of the Film’ specials of cornposltlon upto 4 coaches + 1 SLR for the maximum distance upto 200 kms. This includes detention charges, service charges, empty haulage charge, e.ngine detention charge etc.
For movement of film specials for more than 200 Kms or having composition more than 4 coaches + 1 SLR, actual charge will be calculated on coach to coach basis and for the actual distance covered by the train as per instructions above.
Besides these charges, the charges as per para (9) above for narrow gauge section shall be levied separately,
If Dining Car/Kitchen Car/Pantry Car/Generator car are provided as part of Film specials even within the composition of 4 coaches + 1SLR, the charges for Dining Car/Kitchen Car/Pantry Car/Generator car shall be levied separately,
(11) In the case of AC coaches/First Class coaches, service tax @ 3.708% shall be levied separately.
(12) Besides above charges the following charges as per PR manual shall also be levieo.-
(I) Security deposit (As per PR Manual): A security deposit (SO) in the form of cash, bank draft is taken in advance. The security deposit amount shall be decided by the General Manager in consultation with the FA&CAO.
(ii) Comprehensive Insurance: This shall also be’ decided by the zonal Railways against possible risks/damage of railway property inCluding railway staff. ‘
(iii) License fee: The license fee for film shooting in railway premise/trains shall. be as under:-
|S.No||Classes of cities within whose geographical or civic limits, the railway stations or other railway Instantiations/premises are located (Based on the classification for the purpose of compensatory City Allowance Notified by the Government from time.to time||License fee per shooting day(or part thereof), per station/train(or any other rolling stock)|
|1||A-1 and A
|Rs 1,OO,OOOI-(Rs One lakh)|
|2||B-1 and B-2||Rs. 50,OOOI-(Rs Fifty thousand|
|3||Other Cities/places||Rs. 25,OOO/-(Rs Twenty five
|4||Moving/stabled trains (or any other railway rollinging stock).
|Rs 30,OOO/-(Rs Thirty thousand)|
(13) Security deposit as per 81 NO.8 & 12(i) above shall be levied as under:-
Chief Public Relations Officer of the respective Railway/Units shall work as nodal officer in respect of charging as well as refund of both the above mentioned security deposits. CPRO shall also issue one final bill incorporating all the charges of PR part as well as commercial part.
The above instructions will take effect from 01.08.2015.
This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways,
Necessary instructions may be issued to all concerned immediately .
Director (Information & Publicity) Railway Board
Director Passenger Marketing